The premier's announcement
The premier announced today that:
- Lockdown will lift in Regional Victoria, with the exception of Shepparton, at 11.59pm tomorrow, Thursday 9 September.
- Regional schools will reopen for on-site learning for Prep to Grade 2 and Year 12 students who live in regional Victoria on Friday 10th September.
- Remote learning will remain for all other year levels.
- Onsite supervision at schools remains available for vulnerable children and children of essential workers in all year levels.
- The Authorised Worker permit system will no longer apply in regional Victoria.
We look forward to welcoming back the grade F-2 children on Friday as the first step to getting all children back to school. For grades 3-6 our main form of learning next week will continue to be the Google Classroom remote learning scenario.
We have been led to believe that these steps will remain in place for the remainder of term 3.
I note that the permit system and authorized worker list has been scrapped for regional Victoria and that some businesses may now be allowed to open. This may mean that some of our parents could now be working and require supervision onsite. Our guidelines are still saying that children only be allowed at school if their parents are essential workers or the children are deemed vulnerable. While we look forward to all children being back at school, I would ask parents to please consider that if grade 3-6 children can work from home that they continue to do so.
If you require supervision from this Friday 10th until next Friday 17th, I would ask you to please complete the Onsite Supervision form which will be sent out with this form. If this can be completed by 4.00pm on Saturday 11th of September it would be greatly appreciated as it allows us to get organized with adequate supervision here at school.
Many thanks for everything you have done, are doing and will continue to do as we move towards school holidays at the end of next week.
More information about the remote learning program for next week will be sent out when we have completed this.
School Supervison - Online Booking
Bookings are open for those children who require Supervision at school for Friday the 10th and next week beginning Monday September 13th.
What's required from week to week
- Request for remote supervision must be submitted by 4.00pm the day before
- Once we have processed these requests, families will be notified via email/text of their request outcome.
Thanks to everyone for your cooperation.
We are all operating under difficult circumstances to maintain the safety of all.